Shailene Woodley Jumps For Joy Inside 'Natural Health's May 2014 Issue







Shailene Woodley gets happy and high in this cute new shot from the May 2014 issue of Natural Health, on stands NOW.

The 22-year-old actress opened up about her passion for nature, her healthy eating habits, and not taking anything for granted. Check it:

On her love for all things natural: "There's one defining moment that I'll never forget: It was an incredibly windy day and I was walking through the quad of my public high school, which is surrounded by pine trees. There were hundreds of pine needles swirling around in the air, and I looked down and scattered across this huge grassy expanse was all of the trash left over from lunch- plastic bags, soda cans, that kind of thing. And something just clicked when I saw the juxtaposition of the ignorance on the ground against the beauty and freedom in the sky. That's when I knew I wanted to dedicate my life to this, because there's something really wrong here."

On eating right: "I listen to my body. I've gotten to the point where I'm really tuned in to what it needs. Sometimes I can go weeks at a time without eating meat because all my body wants is vegetables and rice and not much protein. Then I'll go through other times where for months on end I just need red meat or chicken or eggs right now. Our bodies are constantly changing, so if you were to eat a certain way forever, I don't see how that could possibly be right for you."

On how The Fault In Our Stars changed her: "I find myself living in two worlds sometimes-being this person who can walk a red carpet in a huge, fancy-ass ball gown, high heels and crazy amounts of makeup, but also being the girl at a hippie festival in the middle of the forest with war paint on my face, dancing around with hairy armpits. I exist so well in both, and I used to feel like I had to choose one or the other. I struggled with that up until doing The Fault in Our Stars. I have one life to live, and it could end any minute, so I'm going to appreciate every single moment. I'm going to own my day before my day owns me. Show up the way you expect others and the world to show up for you, and that's all there is to it. Life is too fleeting, too unpredictable and too unfair to focus on anything else."

Like Just Jared Jr. on FB

Original Post By: http://ift.tt/1iiP2RF


Category Article
Health and Wellness News 2012. Powered by Blogger.