You Dont Have to Be Indian to Plan a Spectacular Indian Wedding


multi cultural weddings indian bride henna multi cultural weddings indian bride henna multi cultural weddings indian bride henna

Brideys, this is for all of you cool girls... The ones that are inspired enough to do something truly different on your wedding day.

As a planner I plan a lot of weddings (duh), but I plan all sorts of weddings... I have had the awesome opportunity to experience pretty much every race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. But, I must say that Indian weddings are a tremendous treat! I love getting to be a part of an Indian wedding because it's an amazing chance to witness an incredible and incredibly exceptional event. Indian weddings bring so much culture and color to the day. They run the gamut from the very traditional to vintage Indian to super modern, and I love every single one of them.

A few Saturdays ago, as I was scarfing down my vendor meal with the "American" band, one of the members said that although neither she nor her husband were Indian, they had an Indian wedding. They wore the traditional Indian attire (she wore a sari and he wore an sherwani), and incorporated several Indian traditions into their ceremony and reception. Because they had been exposed to so much amazing culture throughout the course of their careers, they fell particularly in love with the mandap (the alter), the excitement of the dhal players and dancing, and of course, the food. So, they decided to celebrate their wedding Indian style.

I couldn't help myself... I HAD to know what their families thought about their choice (not that there's anything wrong with it, but it's definitely unique), and what she said has stayed with me. She said, "You know? It wasn't their choice. It was their choice to attend the celebration and embrace our wedding, and surely some of our family thought it was somewhat eccentric, but ultimately everybody had a really good time."

Isn't that what it's all about? Embracing the event and having a good time? While I know that this example is around the corner from the box, it carries with it an amazing concept... Ready? Do what's best for you and your fiancé. The rest is up to your guests.

So... what do you think? Sound off below!


Via: You Dont Have to Be Indian to Plan a Spectacular Indian Wedding

Health and Wellness News 2012. Powered by Blogger.