Fabulous after 40 for your Professional Headshot


We recently got this email:

Dear Deborah and JoJami,

I don’t have a business head shot yet, but have attached a picture I took myself on my phone.  I have resisted social media and all things IT until just recently when I decided that if I ever wanted to take my business to the next level I have to jump in and do what all my comtemporaries are doing.  I am over 50, am having some head shots (one conservative/professional and the other more casual and friendly for social media sites) taken next week for a brand new web site which is in the works for my business.  I need some direction as to how to best portray myself and my image out there in the business world. I’m relying on you ladies for your professional expertise.

Thanks,

Lucy.

We contacted Lucy for a professional headshot consult and here’s some of the suggestions we had for her:

Since Lucy is a bankruptsy lawyer  in a conservative town In Texas and works with a lot of older people it is important she dress conservatively with a lot of authority. We suggested she wear a jacket ( adds instant authority) in navy blue ( which projects professionalism and trustworthiness) and a bright colored shell top underneath tho show a little feminity and personality. Red was a great chocie because it sends a message of power. With just a touch of red showing it also created that little bit of excitment to her overall serious look.

As for jewelry we suggested she wear simple, classic bold jewelry such as this chain necklace in gold. Gold sends an executive signal ( think gold watch) and also complimented her skin, hair and eye tones which were on the warm side.

Lucy’s hair was brown with blond ehighlights. We thought she would look more powerful with rich deeper auburn hair and suggested she darken things a touch,which she did. We also stressed the importance of having her make-up professionally done.

Finally,  we gave her many pointers about how to warm up and pose for the camera so she felt confident and relaxed. Here is the end result.

Lucy wrote to us and said: “I just wanted to thank you for all your great suggestions and tips on how to make the most of professional head shots.  I tried to incorporate all your suggestions and yesterday finished my first of two sessions.  I even managed to find a Theory jacket in my size on the way to the shoot!  Nothing like waiting until the last minute.  I did get a professional make up artist who did her magic on me.  From the pictures I was able to view while we were in progress, I was just amazed!

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

PS–I love your blog and always looks forward to new postings!”

Lucy – Over 50 “Fabulous after 40″ Reader

If you’d like your own professional or personal headshot consult please click this link and book your appointment.

 


Via: Fabulous after 40 for your Professional Headshot

Health and Wellness News 2012. Powered by Blogger.