Over 40 Fashion Would You Wear a Wedge Sneaker?


Today our guest writer is  Etiquette Expert Lisa Taylor Richey.

Leather pants and simple sweater is updated with these cute wedge sneakers. (outfit: Net-a-Porter)

Over the past few seasons I have become a big fan of the “wedge.”  I love a wedge sandal and a closed toe wedge pump.  Being petite, it gives me the option of being casual but with a bit of a lift.  I love the ballet flat on everyone else but it is not my best look.  That’s why the wedge has become my best friend.

A few weeks ago, one of my fashionista friends (yes, she is fabulous and over 40) mentioned she just ordered the Nike wedge sneaker from Net-a-Porter.  Sure, I have seen the wedge in a sneaker but always passed it up thinking it was for the younger generation….not exactly my style.  I must admit, her excitement over her recent order sparked my curiosity.  Now I am seeing them everywhere.

Over the weekend, The Wall Street Journal had an article about The Comfort Revolution.  The article commented that “comfort is king, as well as our dominant form of expression.”  It compared our demand for comfort to that of the flappers in the 20′s letting go of the their corsets.  Whew…bring on the wedges!

While in New York last week, I noticed that almost every designer had them in their collection.  From Prada to Tods, they all had many options.  You can find them in leather, suede or canvas, from $60 to $600.

Wedge sneaker from Nordstrom

They are a great option to wear for a day in the city or running errands after your workout.

Aldo black wedge sneaker. http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/shoes/sneakers/93019412-chism/91

 

Would you make a wedge sneaker part of your over 40 fashion style?  We would love to know, please comment below:

Business Etiquette Training

 

Lisa Taylor Richey is a business etiquette trainer and speaker  She is the founder of The American Academy of Etiquette.

 

 


Via: Over 40 Fashion Would You Wear a Wedge Sneaker?

Health and Wellness News 2012. Powered by Blogger.